Bob Wassmann (Evan & Ian's dad) is coordinating and participating in the 2016 summer trip to Philmont Scout Ranch, New Mexico. Here is the important information you need to know right now to reserve your spot.
1) It's a once in a lifetime, bucket-list trip. Check it out www.philmontscoutranch.org
2) We are collecting a $485 non-refundable deposit by 15 September 2015. Make checks out to Troop 255 and send to Treasurer Yasmina Mudarres, 3414 Shepherd Street, Chevy Chase, MD 20815. The total cost of the trip is $870 per participant to Philmont/BSA, plus airfare and miscellaneous travel costs such as car rental, meals, equipment. Total cost is approximately $1500/person depending on how much you pay for flights etc. Scouts can use their mulch credits to offset the cost.
3) We are capped on participation and it will be first come first served based on deposits. Philmont requires 7-12 participants per crew with no more than 4 adults. We have 33 eligible Scouts this year.
4) Scouts needs to be 14 by the time of the trek August 2016.
5) Participation is at the discretion of the adult leaders. Scouts need a certain level of experience, maturity, and physical stamina to participate in any high adventure activity.
6) Please let me know if your are in and I'll track things until Yasmina receives a deposit to secure your place.
Looking forward to it!